is erected in the middle of Ram Niwas Garden of Jaipur
. It was built in 1876 to mark the visit of Prince of
Wales to the city. The beautiful Indo - sarcenic structure
of the Albert designed by Sir Swinton Jacob was opened
in 1887 as a public museum. It contains a fine collection
of sculptures, paintings, decorative art objects, natural
history specimens, an Egyptian mummy and a celebrated
Persian Garden Carpet.